DGD Shredding’s Green Destruction Centre

Solar Panels at DGD Shredding Mobile On-Site Shredding Shredding in Antrim Shredding in Armagh Shredding in Carlow Shredding in Cavan Shredding in Clare Shredding in Cork Shredding in Derry Shredding in Donegal Shredding in Down Shredding in Dublin Shredding in Fermanagh Shredding in Galway Shredding in Kerry Shredding in Kildare Shredding in Kilkenny Shredding in Laois Shredding in Leitrim Shredding in Limerick Shredding in Longford Shredding in Louth Shredding in Mayo Shredding in Meath Shredding in Monaghan Shredding in Offaly Shredding in Roscommon Shredding in Sligo Shredding in Tipperary Shredding in Tyrone Shredding in Waterford Shredding in Westmeath Shredding in Wexford Shredding in Shredding in Wicklow Nationwide

DGD Shredding has successfully hit our target of achieving a fully green electricity supply for our office and warehouse. This means that we will save more than 45 tonnes in carbon emissions each year!

A green energy supply means that our power comes from renewable electricity – produced with negligible environmental impact and with no GHGs being released into the atmosphere.  DGD Shredding has committed to setting carbon reduction targets and switching to renewable energy is one of the steps on our journey to achieve that.

Just over a year ago our Solar Panel project was completed and we are now 30% self-sufficient for our electricity requirements. We can also send any surplus power back to the grid. For example, on weekends when our facility is closed. The remaining 70% of electricity is supplied through SSE Airtricity and is from renewable sources.

We operate highly efficient Shredders and Baling equipment in our Destruction Centre that minimises electricity consumption. Our equipment is set to recognise periods of inactivity and shut off. Additionally, our equipment can be set to different performance rates depending on the activity being carried out so the machinery does not need to be at full capacity if it does not need to be.

The office building has a BER rating of B2. The lighting system is fully automated with sensors to prevent electricity wastage in empty rooms, and areas that are not in constant use such as hallways, canteen, toilets or changing rooms.  All the lighting is energy-efficient LED bulbs.

The windows are highly efficient A-rated windows that prevent heat loss yet allow for heat transfer in from the sun’s warmth.

We aim to not only have the most secure and advanced Destruction Centre, but also the most environmentally efficient one.


Share this post